By signing up for ONESHIP and the Services as a user, you have entrusted us with an important responsibility and we are committed to upholding a high standard when it comes to our privacy practices and how we deal with your personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ONESHIP
- To create a ONESHIP Account with us, you need to provide your full name (and in case of a legal entity, full legal name) and an email address at the time of registration. Depending on which of the Services you choose to use, we may require additional information, such as business address, business type, business identification number, bank account information, credit card information, billing address, telephone number, and/or a physical mailing address. The provision of information is always voluntary, but please understand that certain Services may not be available to you until you provide the requested information.
- We automatically receive and record some information from your browser when you use ONESHIP, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on ONESHIP through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyse and understand how ONESHIP works for users and visitors, and provide a more personalised experience for users and visitors.
- If you are collecting any personal information from your customers, such as their name, phone number, email address and delivery address, and disclose such personal information with us and ONESHIP, it is your sole responsibility to get the affirmative express consent from your customers for you to use and disclose this information with us and ONESHIP. You hereby represent that if at any time you have provided, and disclosed to us personal information about other individuals, you are authorized to do so, and have obtained express consent from such individuals that we may use, and/or process such personal information for the relevant purposes as set out in Section 13 below.
SPECIAL NOTE TO CHILDREN
- Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use ONESHIP and the Services unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 18 to provide their personal information for any purpose. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use ONESHIP and the Services in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardian.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESS BY ONESHIP
- allow interested parties to register as users of ONESHIP;
- manage, provide and improve our Services and customize your experience with ONESHIP,
- verification, identification and authentication purposes (e.g. to protect you against theft or fraud);
- billing and collect payments;
- troubleshoot problems, and manage and upgrade the software, feature or function of ONESHIP;
- resolve disputes, and handle and follow up service calls, enquiries, requests and complaints;
- to contact users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to ONESHIP Account and/or the Services;
- contact users or interested parties to inform them about online and offline offers, products, services and updates, and provide direct marketing, advertising or other communications;
- compile and analyze aggregate statistics in respect of the use of ONESHIP and the Services and for our internal use, general research and aggregate reporting;
- detect and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, conduct fraud and risk monitoring, and to comply with legal requirements (such as “know your customer” requirement and applicable accounting and tax regulations);
- comply with legal requirements, investigate potential illegal activities and threats to personal safety and property and breaches of contracts, and enforce the Terms; and
- otherwise described to you at the time of collection or in other cases where we have obtained express consent from you.
- We work with third parties to provide the Services to you and we may share personal information with them to guarantee the fulfillment of our Services. Examples of third-party companies are our couriers, shipping companies, insurance companies, payment providers, billing vendors and customer communication tools. In all instances, only necessary personal information fields will be shared.
- Sometimes we may also be required to share personal information with third parties to comply with legal requirements or to respond to requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or other requirements. Personal information may be shared with third parties to prevent or investigate activities that are suspected to be illegal, fraudulent or in violation of the law or of the Terms.
- As we provide Services to users in multiple jurisdictions, you acknowledge the information and data you provided to us and ONESHIP may be transferred to, stored or processed outside of your country. In most cases, your information and data will be processed in Singapore, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. We will only transfer your information overseas in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ONESHIP
- Personal information supplied by you to ONESHIP shall be accurate, complete, and not misleading. You shall by notice in writing to ONESHIP inform us of any changes to the personal information supplied by you to ONESHIP to ensure the personal information is kept up-to-date.
- We believe you should be able to access and control your personal information no matter where you live. Depending on how you use ONESHIP and the Services, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing).
- If you have optionally connected your ONESHIP Account to an external third-party websites, you can remove permission for such external third-party websites by changing your account settings.
- Please note that if you send us a request relating to your personal information, we have to make sure that it is you before we can respond. In order to do so, we may ask to see documentation verifying your identity, which we will discard after verification.
- If you would like to designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights for you, please email us from the email address we have on file for you. If you email us from a different email address, we cannot determine if the request is coming from you and will not be able to accommodate your request. In your email, please include the name and email address of your authorized agent.
- We implement security measures designed to protect the personal information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on ONESHIP and our Services, and the transmission of sensitive information is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and third-party services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our visitors’ and users’ privacy.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information, your customers’ information or any other content you upload, publish or otherwise share with ONESHIP or anyone else. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- We therefore encourage you to set strong passwords for your ONESHIP Account. It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our Services.
DATA RETENTION, ERASURE AND DE-IDENTIFICATION
- We will retain your information for as long as your ONESHIP Account is active or suspended, or there is a legal complaint or audit relating to your activity on ONESHIP.
- We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
- We will take all practical steps to erase your personal data held when the data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was used by us, unless any such erasure is prohibited under any law or regulation or it is in the public interest not to have the data erased. If permitted by the applicable laws and regulations, alternatively, we may, in our sole discretion, opt to anonymize your personal data such that the anonymised data will no longer enable us or anyone else to directly or indirectly identify you.
- ONESHIP together with our marketing, analytics and technology partners, uses certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts). These technologies are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our Services on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide our visitors, users, and their customers with a better experience. The four main functions of these tools are as below:
(i) Site functionality cookies - these cookies allow you to navigate ONESHIP and use our features.
(ii) Site analytics cookies - these cookies allow us to measure and analyze how our users use ONESHIP, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(iii) Customer preference cookies - when you are browsing ONESHIP, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your using experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(iv) Targeting or advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- By accessing ONESHIP and using the Services, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device where applicable and accessing them when you visit ONESHIP in the future. You can manage, delete or disable cookies in your browser. Please note that be deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of ONESHIP.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO GLOBAL VISITORS
- The Website and ONESHIP are hosted in Singapore. If you are visiting from jurisdictions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Singapore law, including those whose privacy laws may be stricter than Singapore law, please note that you are transferring your personal information to Singapore. By providing your personal information, you consent to that transfer and processing.
- The Website and ONESHIP operate mainly in Asia and intended for persons outside of the European Union/European Economic Area. Currently most Asian countries and regions have not been recognised by the European Commission as providing adequate protection. We are currently working with a team of experts dedicated to make any required adjustments to our products, services and documentation, to ensure compliance with the European law (where applicable).